Sunday, May 22, 2005

And this is why i love Jesus...

The phone rings and history changes,
Raped by the one she thought she loved.
Sobs spill pain deep at her core,
Violates the person she will become.
Lives changed in an instant of regret,
Forever to be remember as tainted.
What can remove the stain?

The phone rings and history changes,
Hope fills the air as forgiveness ensues.
Laughter can be heard and smiles seen
My eyes melt at the sight
A young girl swept away in dance
Moving in the spirit she longed to see

The phone rings and history changes,
The wall has fallen and water bursts forth
A new person emerges
Softened by the love she longed to have
Expressing an new attitude for a new life
Welcomed into a new family; a new community.

The phone has rung,
History was changed.
Three different lives.
Three little words.
I was raped
I'm dancing now
I love Jesus.

The phone is silent
History is recorded
Victory is mine
Love expressed to all
Hurting and happy alike
This is why I love Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home