Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Intersection of George Ferguson Way and Tims St.

Oh the intersection of hell. If only the city would realize how much a light is needed. BUt alas, that costs too much money, so instead the government must pick up the health bills of yet another accident.

Dan and I were walking home from yet another outing, and all we can see is a mass of people at the corner of GFW and Tims. Dan and I realize that an accident has occured and being walking swiftly towards it. Both of us have first aid, and neither of us want to use it (or can remember how to use it!!!). As we approach, we realize that this accident does not include two cars, but only one car and a poor boy named Tyson. This poor kid, aged somewhere in the 13-15 year old range was hit by an older gentleman taking the corner without looking at the crosswalk. THe poor child is writhing in pain, and those first on the scene are begging him not to move. Dan and I are happy that we are NOT the first responders, but we do what we can to help. I find his glasses that were kicked to the curb and we alert standbyers that help is on the way. We see what seems like hunderds of firefighters running towards the scene. Really is was about 30 of them, but that can seem like a lot. Needless to say, neither Dan and I stuck around after we saw "real help" arrive. The kid looked okay and was moving pretty good. We pray to God that he's okay. And we realize, maybe we need a brush up on first aid....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home