Friday, June 09, 2006

Life is a journey...

I can feel my eyes draw weary, as i stare at the computer screen for the 6th consecutive hour. Work at C-21 has made me tired. I've been searching for what seems like hours for a lifeguard for the summer program. I'm looking up rock climbing folks to take us climbing. I'm ironing out the summer schedule, putting the meat on the bones as Al would say. And as tired as i now am, I can't help but say that i love it. I think this week, one of my youth hit the nail on the head. She knows that i have struggled with my passion for yfc, my place at c-21 and where it is that God would have me be. But this week, she said what i have searched almost a year for. I love seeing the journey that kids are on. I love looking back over a years worth of work and seeing a kid survive. Seeing kids thrive. Seeing the successes and the failures. I love watching and participating in their journeys. I look back at this time last year, I see myself emersed in youth in crisis. It was hard, it was invigorating, but i liked it. Now, my life has changed. I've calmed down and so have the youth. i'm not recieving phone calls every night from a kid who is going to kill themself. I am not receiving phone calls from drunk or stoned kids. And I'm not recieving phone calls from kids that are struggling through life. I have seen those kids succeed. These kids are calling me, telling me of job opprotunities. Or thier desire to live. Of there hope in God. In one year I have seen a one hundred and eighty degree turn in these kids. It is a blessing. I love watching the journey. And here I am, staring at a computer screen, in the planning stages of summer events. This is a time where i get to see lives changed. I get to see God move and breath. Hallelujah!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN! You are totally right - what a change has taken place in some of these kids. I couldn't agree more! I hope and pray that you have an awesome summer as you journey alongside these kids!
Michelle

6:09 PM  
Blogger waayyy said...

Hey
That's wonderful that you learnt that, and it was wonderful to hear that, inspiring!

How's house sitch looking? Sorry i can't help you out, i've got no money to be renting, i'm kinda just couch-surfing around area for couple months until i HAVE to fly back to uk.
But that also means i'm in abby til 17th july, doing pretty much nada, so if you need any extra volunteers for anything, i'll be ya gal!...

sarah x

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home