the consequence of sin and the sweetness of grace
"Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deciet." Psalm 32:1-2
I think for the first time in my life, I am begining to realize the extent of my sin, but also the extent of God's grace. I prayed a few weeks (if not months ago) that i wanted to expereince the horridness of my sin. This weekend, i had that experience. For hours i bawled at the implicatoin and consequences of my sin. But what amazed me the most was HIS grace. "Who are you? What are you doing? Why are you here? i don't deserve this!" Those were my questions and statements. Yet God manifested himself and responded with absolute tenderness. "I am servant. I am helpful. I am grace. This is my gift to you. i know you don't deserve it. But i'm giving it to you anyway. That is how much i love you." Woah! The implications of this expereince are life changing. I understand to a greater depth what God's grace is like and what my sin can do. I just want to experience that kind of grace and love more and more. Thank you Lord for this sweet, sweet grace.
I think for the first time in my life, I am begining to realize the extent of my sin, but also the extent of God's grace. I prayed a few weeks (if not months ago) that i wanted to expereince the horridness of my sin. This weekend, i had that experience. For hours i bawled at the implicatoin and consequences of my sin. But what amazed me the most was HIS grace. "Who are you? What are you doing? Why are you here? i don't deserve this!" Those were my questions and statements. Yet God manifested himself and responded with absolute tenderness. "I am servant. I am helpful. I am grace. This is my gift to you. i know you don't deserve it. But i'm giving it to you anyway. That is how much i love you." Woah! The implications of this expereince are life changing. I understand to a greater depth what God's grace is like and what my sin can do. I just want to experience that kind of grace and love more and more. Thank you Lord for this sweet, sweet grace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home