Sometimes His Faithfulness overwhelms me
Saturday, June 11th, 2005. Car Wash at C-21.
I woke up and immediately started praying. Doug and I had planned our carwash to raise money for the youth to go to camp on the same day as Love Abbotsford. YIKES!! You need to understand that a five minute drive in any particular direction from C-21, a person could get a free carwash from a local church. Doug and I were praying for a miracle. We prayed that the spirit of giving would resonate off individuals on to these kids. And boy, did God come through!
Not only did we raise a fair amount of money (almost $400), but we recieved free lunch (including 30 Mcdonalds hamburgers and a flat of pop) from one patron, who had just bought us a jug of milk (for the coffee we were giving out). One man handed me $100 asking for change. He was our third car of the morning and i gave him all the change i had. He ended up paying $70 for his car wash saying, "ahh, close enough" when i handed him $30 in change. The youth had an amazing time, as did I. When Doug and I were too tired to continue, the youth just kept going for another hour. They just wanted to serve. They had it all figured out: The girls on the street with the signs and 2 guys cleaning cars. They worked amazingly together. As Doug put it, "If these are the kids we are taking camping, we'll have no problem!" I look forward to next weeks car wash...but probably not as much as some of the kids. Don't forget your silly hats and costumes guys!
God proved his faithfulness again and again yesterday. I think one of the best priveldges i have is taking youth to worship events. Actually...just listening to them in the car singing their hearts out. The girls make fun of me, cuz i get misty when they sing. I can't help it. I see them on a journey with God that i don't understand. I see God guiding them..and that is utterly amazing. There is nothing better than watching the God of the universe draw his children to him. Sometimes his faithfulness overwhelms me. We don't deserve such grace...such love. But yet, he showers it down upon us. Not just a little sprinkle, but this overwhelming flood of grace! Thanks God for who you are and what you do! Thanks for these kids and thanks for allowing me to be a part of their lives!
I woke up and immediately started praying. Doug and I had planned our carwash to raise money for the youth to go to camp on the same day as Love Abbotsford. YIKES!! You need to understand that a five minute drive in any particular direction from C-21, a person could get a free carwash from a local church. Doug and I were praying for a miracle. We prayed that the spirit of giving would resonate off individuals on to these kids. And boy, did God come through!
Not only did we raise a fair amount of money (almost $400), but we recieved free lunch (including 30 Mcdonalds hamburgers and a flat of pop) from one patron, who had just bought us a jug of milk (for the coffee we were giving out). One man handed me $100 asking for change. He was our third car of the morning and i gave him all the change i had. He ended up paying $70 for his car wash saying, "ahh, close enough" when i handed him $30 in change. The youth had an amazing time, as did I. When Doug and I were too tired to continue, the youth just kept going for another hour. They just wanted to serve. They had it all figured out: The girls on the street with the signs and 2 guys cleaning cars. They worked amazingly together. As Doug put it, "If these are the kids we are taking camping, we'll have no problem!" I look forward to next weeks car wash...but probably not as much as some of the kids. Don't forget your silly hats and costumes guys!
God proved his faithfulness again and again yesterday. I think one of the best priveldges i have is taking youth to worship events. Actually...just listening to them in the car singing their hearts out. The girls make fun of me, cuz i get misty when they sing. I can't help it. I see them on a journey with God that i don't understand. I see God guiding them..and that is utterly amazing. There is nothing better than watching the God of the universe draw his children to him. Sometimes his faithfulness overwhelms me. We don't deserve such grace...such love. But yet, he showers it down upon us. Not just a little sprinkle, but this overwhelming flood of grace! Thanks God for who you are and what you do! Thanks for these kids and thanks for allowing me to be a part of their lives!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home