Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Denominational Fights

I was in Anabaptist class last week when a guest speaker said something that really made me angry. He was discussing the near-present history of the Anabaptist movement in Congo. After going into many interesting details, he proceeded to share 2 of the Anabaptist major problems in sharing the gospel in Congo. I figured that there would be some government fighting or the Congo people being unaccepting of the gospel. But no, the Anabaptist's number one problem is that the Congo people are converting to Pentecostalism. WHAT???? You've got to be kidding me?!?! In a near state of shock, the guest speaker answered a question completely unrelated but happened to mention quite clearly that "denominations aren't important." I wanted to yell! Oh my! If his last statement about denominations being of no importance, then why is it that the biggest problem with Anabaptist Congo people is that they are converting to Pentecostalism??? Denominations don't matter...what matters is that Christ is preached, in season and out of season. I hope Mr. Guest speaker can undestand that. Especially in COngo, where being a Chrsitian is rare and evangalism should be the focus. We convert to loving Christ not to being an Anabaptist. Get it right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home