Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Way Jesus walks

Sunday nite I had the priveldge of taking 5 youth to a Brian Doerkson concert. I was immensely blessed by the music as well as the breif interludes of speaking that both Brian Doerkson and Kathryn Scott (songwriter of Hungry and Child of God) shared. But most of all, I was blessed by an elderly couple situated behind our row. Half way through the show, the elderly lady turns to me and asks if these girls are new Christians. I replied, "Yes!" It was amazing how God used this couple to minister to not only me, but to my girls as well. God laid on her heart the need to pray for these girls, so she spent the majority of the evening praying. She even laid hands on one girl in particular, who really enjoys it when people pray for her. It was such a testimony of how God moves beyond our own perceptions. The couple really encouraged me during intermission about being a shining light for these girls. I guess when you feel like your failing, and the devil keeps whispering in your ear how awful a job you are doing, its just refreshing to hear the truth from God.
On top of that God just instilled what it meant to be compassionate the way he is compassionate. One of my girls whom I'll call Stacy, sat on the ground rather than the bench becuase she couldnt' see. She looked rather upset and seemed to be tired. I sat down on the floor next to hear, putting my arm around her to comfort her. God just spoke to me and said, this is what compassion is. Compassion isn;'t sitting on the bench next to her with my arm around her shoulders, but it is getting down into the muck and crying with her. I love how God just speaks through actions. This isn't meant to be a "look at me moment" but its meant to serve as a reminder to me how God intended compassion to look like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home